The Flint Genealogical Society's
Next meeting will be:
April 4, 2023 at 7 pm
Burton Senior Center.
3410 S. Grand Traverse St., Burton, MI 48529
Our Speaker will be:
Della Gamalski &
Topic will be:
Places that you might not have thought about looking.
( * Info updated on March 12, 2023 )
When Submitting an article to the
Flint Genealogical Society
for our publication standards.
Our FGS logo on our office in the Sloan Museum.
( On left above Our new office in the newly renovated Sloan Museum,
& photo that I took March 29, 2022 of the Sloan Museum on the right above. )
The FGS office in the Sloan Museum is now open,
Wednesdays from 9 am - 11 am, 12:30 - 3pm.
And other times by appointment.
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES TO MICHIGAN RESIDENTS
Discover eBooks, newspapers, family history records and more - all
through the power of a Library of Michigan library card! The Library of
Michigan provides access to 15 unique databases you won't find in any
other statewide service.
Take a look:
* African American Biographical Database (Chadwyck-Healy)
* Ancestry Library Edition
* Black Thought and Culture (Alexander Street)
* Fold3 by Ancestry
* Newspapers.com by Ancestry World Edition
* ProQuest Ethnic NewsWatch
* ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Detroit Free Press, 1831-1999
* ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Michigan Chronicle, 1936-2010
* ProQuest Congressional
* Proquest eBook Central
* ProQuest Education Database
* ProQuest Education Magazine Archive
* ProQuest Indian Claims Insight
* ProQuest Public Health Database
History Hounds® Lecture Series
Due to current circumstances and social distancing, all
History Hounds® presentations will be
REMOTE ACCESS ONLY until further notice.
You can enjoy the content from the comfort and safety of your home
Connecting is easy! Instructions for remote access will be
e-mailed to participants in advance.
If you enjoy “sniffing out” and exploring fascinating historical subjects, the
Historical Society of Michigan’s History Hounds lecture series now offers
weekly in-depth presentations, allowing attendees to curl up with a myriad of historical topics.